Doc joined an episode of The Unbeatable Mind Podcast, with Mark Divine, retired Navy SEAL Commander. Together, the two talk all things sleep and performance. Part of Doc’s story as a world-renowned expert in sleep began as a Navy SEAL, and eventually as a physician for Navy SEALs. This journey led Doc on a path to helping people achieve their optimal mental and physical goals by beginning with making sleep a priority.
A single night of missing two hours of sleep will reduce overall testosterone by 30 percent, your overall growth hormone by roughly 20 percent, increase hunger by 30 percent, drop insulin sensitivity, reduce executive functioning,” shared Doc. “It’s across the board on everything and actually changes the flora of your gut significantly.
Check out this podcast to uncover:
– How Doc went from being an aspiring Marlboro Man to a medical doctor
Why sleep deprivation is used as an interrogation technique
– Top hygiene and lifestyle modifications you can make to get better sleep
– The neurochemical changes that occur after blue light leaves
– How long it takes to come back into balance following a period of little sleep
– The importance of teaching kids early on about their sleep needs
The Unbeatable Mind Podcast was recently listed as the #1 Health Podcast and #30 overall in iTunes. Mark Divine and his SEALFIT Coaching team regularly take on guests to discuss topics that alight with Mark’s 5 mountain training path of developing your Mental, Physical, Emotional, Intuitive, and Kokoro (Heart) self.
Looking for Sleep Remedy? Head over to the shop page.